About the Show
Talking Mickey Project was created by Emma, Melissa and Kevin Barron, in part, to build an online community for Special Needs Families around their shared love of Disney theme parks, history, and popular culture. The show also serves as an educational tool to help Emma grow to reach her potential as a young adult with a disability.
Emma specifically wants the show to be a demonstration of how individuals with disabilities can realize their dreams with the support of their family and friends. Talking Mickey Project is part of Beyond Disability Texas, which can be found at BeyondDisabilityTexas.com.
Livestreams on Wednesdays and Saturdays at 7:00 PM Central
Emma hosts #DisneyTriviaLive quizzes and #DisneyFriendsLive interviews on Saturday nights at 8:00 PM Eastern / 7:00 PM Central, “just for fun” unboxing, Etsy finds, Ebay finds, and other livestreams on Wednesday nights at 8:00 PM Eastern / 7:00 PM Central, and other videos on Facebook, YouTube and Twitch.
About Your Host
“My name is Emma and I am a differently-abled young adult. I have what some call an unseen disability and I have been a Disney fan since I was four years old. Back then, my family and I went to Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida for the first time.
“We stayed at Disney’s Contemporary Resort and had a Magic Kingdom view hotel room. It was amazing, even for a four year old with special needs. We rode The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh seven or eight times before our long weekend was over. Since then, I’ve visited Walt Disney World over twenty times and Disneyland Resort one time in 2019.
“I’ve been to seven of the eight Disney Parks in the United States of America; only Typhoon Lagoon remains on my list. When we visited Disneyland, we also took time to visit Walt Disney’s grave to pay respect to this creative genius, who has brought smiles to millions of people’s faces since 1928 when he first arrived in California.
“Here are some of my FAVORITE Disney parks, attractions, hotels, restaurants, characters, and more!
- Parks: Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom, Disneyland Park
- Attractions: Expedition Everest, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion
- Resort Hotels: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Contemporary Resort, Polynesian Village Resort
- Restaurants: Crystal Palace, Cinderella’s Royal Table, California Grill
- Characters: Mickey Mouse (duh!), Oswald, Merida
- Snacks: Mickey Bars, Popcorn, Zebra Domes
- Movies: Lion King (1994), Up (2009), Brave (2012)
- YouTube Channels: Too Many to Name!!!
- Podcasts: WDW Radio, Finding Walt Disney, D23 Inside Disney.“